Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hurray! Is it 2009 already?



Thank God we are in 2009... away from all the trials of 2008, not completely shielded from even more trials, but knowing that we have a God who has an interest to see us through to a new year. My God is faithful, His love is everlasting, and His mercies are good every morning... and every year!

We spent Jan 1, 2009 in-doors because we attended a Virgil the previous night and returned late. Oh my, what an exhilarating experience! We decided to fellowship with brethren in the Lord at the Winner's Chapel Canaanland. It took us three hours to drive to the venue because of heavy traffic, but once there, we realised those three hours were necessary. The highlight of the evening was at midnight, as you can all imagine. Lights in the auditorium were switched off, and everyone lit candles. Spectacular! You could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit moving in that place, the lifting of the candles was like the evening sacrifice as God inhabited the praises of His people.

As is my custom, I don't eat heavy on New Year's Day. I roasted fish, fried plantain, and made a lovely tray of tuna salad. I ate a plate of salad and drank almost 750ml of a drink I love so much... sorry won't tell you which because I don't advertise. I actually felt a little tipsy, though I did not let my husband and brother-in-law know... but you know that light-headedness one gets when one takes more than required alcohol?


No comments: