Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reformed Kitchen Manners

Up until a few months ago, my kitchen was never the place I liked to spend my time in the house in. Back in Cameroon, my kitchen and kitchen-related activities accounted for the least portion of my income. My best cooking moments when I was hosting friends or mates, then I wouldn't mind spending half a day in the kitchen. This was not because I did not know how to cook, far from it. In fact, my colleagues and mates could testify to the delicious meals they ate in my house... and some will never forget the okro and keep asking for it even after they got married. Call this recognition, rather than pride.

Well, getting married and living with my husband meant more frequent visits to the kitchen. Friends and siblings were praying for me to be able to take care of the family in the kitchen front because they knew my habit. They encouraged me, and I decided to take a step of faith and start loving the time spent in the kitchen. I got recipes for pastries and stuff I never endulged in before, and now I just can't stop. When I am at home, the only thing I want to do is go into the kitchen and try out a recipe I got from someone or downloaded from the Internet.

Now there is no stopping me... I am finally a lover of cuisine. Please share those rare recipes with me.

No comments: