Thursday, March 26, 2009

Learn all you can while you can!


I have been taking certain things for granted because there has always been someone there taking care of them. Yesterday was perhaps the most exasperating day I have spent in Lagos... I was working on my assignment and my two laptops ran out of power, and there was no electricity to recharge them. I really had to get that assignment to a certain level, and the heat was almost unbearable.

I went out to put on the generator, and behold I could not! I called my hubby, and despite spending almost 10 minutes on the phone with him advising me, I still could not turn it on. I felt so frustrated and I bit my finger for not having learnt enough when my hubby was trying to teach me.

Lesson: learn all you can while you can, even if it doesn't seem useful at the time.

3 comments:

mabsfominyen said...

You can say that again girl! So you've had to learn how to put on the generator now I guess! Nice lesson to follow.

Imagine the number of mothers out there(especially in villages) who never bother to learn how to turn on the radio or TV set and other electronics.Quite often its simply because they'll rather have their hubbies handle such issues while they are concerned about other activities in the house.

May be I ask, how many of us even when we do own cars can change the tyre when it runs flat?

Anonymous said...

Am sure you did learn your lesson and will never forget. Next time become aware of happennies around you or else.....

Anonymous said...

Ohhh BB, I had to post this because I felt real bad when trying to explain (on phone) what to do to power ON the Gen. It also reminded me of the three (3) hours phone interview you had one day, under a heavy thundering rain.
I'm very happy for that experience because, the Book of the Law says that All things work for good...